Monday, May 17, 2010

The Decision...

Our local TV station ran an ad for Northwest Weight Loss Surgery and a free lap band drawing. I decided to attend a seminar and hope that I got lucky and won the drawing.

After listening to the seminar I decided I was going to go ahead and get a lap band. Northwest Weight Loss Surgery specializes in lap bands and also has a holistic approach with a lot of resources and support to make sure you succeed. This quelled my fears about failing like my former coworker. But, how to pay for it. I waited for the drawing but unfortunately I didn't win. I looked into financing and found that I JUST qualified for enough of a home equity line of credit to cover the cost of the lap band.

I went in and talked with the various team members. The doctor, Dr. Michaelson, required me to have a sleep test and get a CPAP because of my history of sleep apnea. Having used a CPAP before (and hating it) I didn't want to but I complied when they arranged for me to get the sleep study the same night. My surgery was scheduled for a week later, Thursday, May 13th, 2009 and the doctor wanted me to lose 10 lbs before the surgery by having protein drinks and between 1000 to 1200 calories. The doctor decided that the Allergan Lap Band would work best for me. So I decided to go with that brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment