Thursday, July 1, 2010

Just a little... if you please

Today I went in to get another fill. My weight is at 318 which means I've officially lost 43 lbs.

I had noticed lately that I don't feel as full as when I got my first adjustment so I decided to get another. In a couple of days I am going on vacation to Jamaica for two weeks and will be staying at all inclusive resorts. I wanted to make sure that I don't overeat. The nurse only added .2cc though so that I won't be in a situation where I'm overfilled. I'm not sure that will do anything for me... but it's better than nothing.

I haven't had any problems with throwing up (like some people do). The only problem I've noticed is that some foods are uncomfortable to eat and seem to get stuck. I have to make sure to eat slowly and cut my food really small and chew it well. This helps in most cases, but with some foods I always seem to have a problem no matter how small the bites are. For example, if I have gluten free german pancakes for breakfast I can only eat about a half before it is too uncomfortable. I'm not quite sure why it's so uncomfortable. It's a soft food. I would think steak would be uncomfortable, but I don't have any problems with meats. Evidently this is a very common problem people with Lap Bands have, but the foods that get stuck differ between people.

It will be interesting to see how I do on my vacation -- with unlimited food and drinks. I'm hoping I at least don't gain weight. I'll let you know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment